November 28, 2004
“The Wonderful Grace of Adoption”
How wonderful is the grace of adoption? In what do we see expressions of that great grace?
I. God’s great grace is evident in the amazing condescension seen in His adopting us!
1. He adopted us though we were mere creatures, dust – Psalm 103:13-17; Psalm 8:3-5
2. He adopted us though we were undeserving sinners – Romans 5:6-8
3. He adopted us though we were His enemies – Colossians 1:21-22
II. God’s great grace is evident in the marvelous benefits He bestows upon us when He adopts us!
1. He gives us His Name – Ephesians 3:14-15; Revelation 3:12 & 22:3-4
2. He gives us the spirit of His children as He gives us His Holy Spirit – Romans 8:14-15
3. He gives us full access to the throne of grace – Hebrew 4:15-16
4. He gives us a Father’s pity and sweet mercy – Psalm 103:1-14
5. He promises His power to protect us – John 10:27-30
6. He disciplines us when we go wrong – Hebrews 12:5-11
7. He gives us His kingdom and all we need on earth – Matthew 5:3; Matthew 6:33
III. God’s great grace is evident in the High Calling to which He calls and fits us in adoption!
1. He calls us to perfection – Matthew 5:44-48
2. He calls us to forgive as Christ did – Colossians 3:12-14
3. He calls us to live beyond our own ability – Galatians 5:16-26
4. He calls us to be like Christ – 1st John 3:1-3
This page hosted by Yahoo Geocities